The Discreet Way To Straighter Teeth With Invisalign® Braces in Queens
Comfortable, removable, and virtually invisible, Invisalign® orthodontic aligners do what traditional braces do but without metal and wire. And in as little as nine to fifteen months, you’ll have straighter, more uniform teeth.
Beautifully straight and evenly aligned teeth automatically look more attractive, and straighter teeth are frequently easier to keep clean and free from disease. While conventional metal braces are still widely used in teeth straightening, these braces are far from discreet.
Comfortable, removable, and virtually invisible, like traditional braces without metal and wire.
Benefits of Invisalign®
Aside from the aesthetic advantages over traditional metal braces, Invisalign® has several practical benefits. Although they are meant to be worn throughout the day, they can be removed for eating, drinking, brushing, and flossing. As a result, there’s no need to restrict your diet as you would with traditional braces, plus it’s easier to maintain good oral hygiene.
Invisalign aligners are also less cumbersome and far more comfortable than traditional braces. And while they can be the ideal course of treatment for teens and adults, they may be especially attractive to patients who might otherwise feel self-conscious about wearing metal braces.
The Invisalign® Procedure and Our Invisalign-Certified Dentists
To commence your Queens Invisalign® treatment, our dentists of Gentle Dental first examine and determine the ideal positioning of your teeth. Based on a thorough examination and evaluation, Dr. Knop, Dr. Andrey or Dr. Gelfand — all Invisalign®-certified — can determine the ideal positioning of your teeth. This allows Invisalign to create a series of clear plastic aligners customized for you, each to be worn for approximately two weeks. The aligners progressively guide your teeth, gently and comfortably, to a final proper alignment.
Frequently Asked Questions About Invisalign®
Invisalign is a comfortable and unnoticeable method of straightening your teeth. Invisalign can treat a range of orthodontic issues including:
- Gaps. If you have extra spaces in between your teeth, you probably deal with food stuck in those gaps. This can turn into gaps in your gums that trap food and lead to gum disease. Invisalign not only straightens your teeth but also aligns them to close those gaps.
- Overbites. An overbite is when your front teeth overlap your bottom teeth when your mouth is closed. This can wear down your teeth and cause jaw pain. Invisalign has a special appliance called the “Invisalign Mandibular Advancement” that can treat overbites.
- Underbites. An underbite is when your lower teeth overlap your top teeth. An underbite can make it difficult for you to chew. Invisalign can treat your underbite with aligners you switch out every 2 weeks. In more severe cases, surgery may be necessary.
- Crossbites. A crossbite is when some of your top teeth land behind your bottom teeth when your mouth is closed. An untreated crossbite can wear down your teeth and cause your gums to recede. Your doctor can show you images of how your crossbite is fixed with Invisalign. You may need to switch out your aligners every week.
- Teeth straightening. We want your teeth to look great. For you to love your teeth they need to be straight. Invisalign can transform crooked teeth into a smile you can’t wait to show off. With new aligners every 2 weeks, the process is painless and virtually undetectable by anyone but you.
Who Can Have Invisalign?
Adults and older teens looking to straighten teeth without braces may be suitable for Invisalign. The system can treat a wide range of orthodontic problems, including some complicated bite issues. It can be less suitable for more complex orthodontic problems.
What is Invisalign®?
Invisalign® is an orthodontic treatment that uses a series of clear, removable aligners to straighten your teeth. The aligners are an alternative to traditional braces since they do not cause discomfort and are virtually invisible when worn.
Instead of fixed braces powered by wires and elastics, Invisalign uses clear aligner trays made from smooth, comfortable BPA-free plastic. Because the trays are made from thin, strong plastic, they are virtually invisible once in the mouth. Some people might notice a very slight halo effect around their teeth if they look very closely.
The trays are custom-made and fit tightly over the teeth, gently yet firmly repositioning teeth until they are straighter and bite together correctly. Every set of trays is worn for approximately two weeks, after which you discard them and move onto the next set to continue moving your teeth.
This system is used worldwide and utilizes the latest orthodontic technologies for a more comfortable experience compared with traditional braces. With Invisalign, pain or discomfort is minimized.
You must see an Invisalign dentist for this treatment, and our dentists are Invisalign-certified.
The Invisalign® aligners are customized to fit the unique shape of your mouth. They work by gently shifting your teeth into place over a period of time. This controlled force causes your teeth to move into a more appropriate position in your mouth. During the treatment process, you will wear a series of aligners that are changed every two weeks. Each aligner progressively moves teeth in the sequence determined by your dentist.
The aligners are made of a clear — nearly invisible — lightweight thermoplastic material.
You can remove the aligners before you brush, floss and eat. It is recommended that you wear them for at least 20-22 hours each day.
The treatment process varies for each patient and is determined by your dentist. Total treatment time with Invisalign® is generally less than what is required with traditional braces. Most patients complete their Invisalign® treatment in 12 months.
Treatment with Invisalign® is typically a pain-free process. When you first begin treatment, you may experience slight feelings of discomfort as you adjust to wearing the aligners. Some patients feel a mild pressure that usually lasts for a few days.
You can expect to schedule consistent appointments with your dentist every 4-6 weeks. These visits are conducted to check your progress and ensure that everything is going according to the outlined treatment plan.
At Gentle Dental, we are dedicated to helping you achieve the healthy, beautiful smile that you have always wanted. During your initial consultation, our dentists examine your mouth and outline a treatment plan that is unique for you. We then provide you with an estimate of the predicted Invisalign cost, and should also be able to give you a good idea about the time needed to complete treatment. Our dental specialists are always happy to address any questions or concerns you may have about Queens Invisalign® or the treatment process.